Do you dream of hosting a television talk show or writing for the industry? If so, then you’re in for a treat because my topic this week is about breaking into the entertainment industry. I explore some of the steps you can take and common challenges that women face with my guest, Madim Touch.
Madim is a woman with multiple talents and experience in the entertainment industry. She’s a producer, director, media personality and co-host of We Talk Weekly, an entertainment talk show that keeps listeners updated on the hottest topics.
She has experience with freelance writing, managing artists and founded the first hip hop awareness group at Drexel University. She has hosted hip hop awareness lectures and performed with top artists that include Lauryn Hill and Amy Winehouse! Madim is also a mom of two and just welcomed her second bundle of joy into her life.
In this episode, Madim shares:
- her journey and how she got started in the entertainment industry
- how, as a little girl, she knew that she wanted to produce, create and entertain
- how women can break into the industry (even in later stages of)
- what steps you can take right now- even with no experience
- how to network and get connected with key players in the industry
- her advice for aspiring producers and directors
- why starting on YouTube doesn’t work for everyone and knowing when it will work for you
- and more…
Resources & Suggestions:
Philly CAM – http://phillycam.org
Book: The Year of Yes: How to Dance it Out, Stand in the Sun and Be Your Own Person, by Shonda Rhimes (creator of Scandal, Greys Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder and others)
Where You Can Find Madim Touch online:
@MadimTouch on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Madim’s Parting Words of Wisdom:
“When you stay true to who you are and what you believe, that’s when things will truly work in your favor.”
I hope you gained value from listening this week. The one takeaway that I want you to have is: get started.
I’m always here to support you in your journey, so you don’t have to do it alone. If you have questions about how to pursue your passion in the midst of your busy lifestyle, send me an email at Erica@momswithdreams.com. Feel free to leave your comments below.
I look forward to being back with you next week.