Chandra Brooks is a wife, mother of four, author, and entrepreneur. She is an appointed Commissioner of the Santa Clara County Commission on the Status of Women and Girls, chair of the Justice and Advocacy Committee and an elected delegate for the California Democratic Party. Her passions include women empowerment, social justice, improving voter outcomes, and civic engagement in communities of color. In 2017, Chandra launched The SocialPreneur, a purpose-driven business that prepares potential candidates to run for political office and coaches women on building leadership within their companies.
In this episode, Chandra shares how she began her career in politics, challenges she’s faced, and her philosophy about women leading and creating change.
During our conversation, Chandra talks about:
- why she thinks women are taking major action, running for political positions and starting businesses more now than ever before
- how women can start using their voices to create change (even if they’re not accustomed to speaking up)
- how she deals with discrimination in political environments
- her transition from corporate America to becoming a full-time entrepreneur
- how she turned her political skills and experience into a profitable business and more…
Where You Can Find Chandra Brooks Online:
Purchase a copy of Chandra’s book: Black, Brown, and Political: Get Informed, Get Empowered, and Change The Game!
I hope our conversation inspired you to get involved and “change the game”. Sometimes creating change is as simple as speaking up – sharing your opinion and letting others know how you feel about issues in your neighborhood, kids’ schools, local government, and even at work. You were blessed with a voice. Don’t be afraid to use it and exercise your rights. Your voice counts and it needs to be heard.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to leave a comment below the show notes. You can also email me directly at: Erica@momswithdreams.com.
Until next time, reclaim YOUR dream. Do what YOU love. Make a difference!