“Once you figure out what works and how to run a successful business, you can easily do it over and over again.” –Ann M. Strout
I had a chance to catch up with Ann Strout, who’s known as “The Freedom Girl”. Ann went from being an unemployed single mom, living in subsidized housing, and on food stamps to the owner of a thriving, six-figure coaching business.
Ann gave us a glimpse of her childhood as an orphan growing up. Her confidence was low as a result of abuse and neglect. Ann felt trapped by her limited resources. She endured treatment that no mother wants her child to experience. But she had an unbreakable spirit and an ability to see the possibilities in life.
The life-changing choice that Ann made:
Everything changed for Ann when her son was born. She felt free for the first time in her life. In that moment, Ann realized that she had a choice – she could either go back to the life that she’d been living and take her son through that, or she could create a different life for the two of them. Although she had no idea what that would be or how she would do it, Ann was willing to explore it.
How Ann began her journey of personal development:
Far too often, people stay in situations that aren’t good for them because of their limiting beliefs and lack of confidence in their ability to change. Ann admits that she had to work on her limiting beliefs before she could change her life. After a conversation with her mom, Ann started researching the internet and came across the book, Law of Attraction. This book changed everything about Ann’s life. Since then, she’s been on a continuous journey of personal growth and development.
3 Steps Ann took to change her life:
- She created a routine, which includes meditating, journaling, visualization, and reading affirmations. Ann only works 20 hours a week in her business. She has plenty of freedom to spend time with her children and do what she loves.
- She removed people from her life that didn’t support her or believe in her.
- She got really committed to her dream and accepted that she had to do things that made her uncomfortable in order to build a successful business.
Ann’s 4 tips for starting your small or side business:
- Never say that there’s no way that you can do it.
- If there’s a desire for something, then the way to fulfill it is always available to you. The means for you to achieve your dream are already there – you just have to take action.
- Make a decision and be so committed to your dream that you stay in action no matter what.
- Don’t worry about the “how” of doing it. Seek out the knowledge, and you’ll learn what you need to know as you go.
What Ann’s working on:
She’s in the middle of launching a new 12-week group coaching program. She invites you to join her in her new Facebook group, Marketing that Creates Freedom. In this group, Ann focuses on massive content around marketing strategy, planning, and time management to help people maximize their time and achieve greater results.
Where you can find Ann online:
Facebook Group: Marketing That Creates Freedom
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don’t by Michael J. Losier