From emails to web copy, newsletters, and everything in between, you’ll need to get comfortable writing and creating content as an entrepreneur.
I know that everyone doesn’t enjoy writing as much as I do, so I invited my friend, Rosie Morley, CEO of Hedera House, to talk with me about writing and content creation for newer entrepreneurs.
Rosie Morley has been writing and editing for most of her life. She’s heavily involved in the blogging and online content community and is passionate about the exciting growth of online writing spaces. She’s currently completing her Masters in Writing, Editing, and Publishing, and has been running Hedera House for just over a year.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What content creation means and why it’s so important for your business
- How to convey your message and attract clients to your brand
- How you can shape your ‘voice’ and make yourself stand out online
- How to choose the right medium (and tools) to create content that fits your personality
- Why its ok to outsource content creation
- How to choose the right freelancer for writing and content creation in your business
- The most important rule that every writer needs to know
- First steps to start your blog
- and more…
Projects, Resources and Suggested Reading
Rosie’s Current Project (and a great resource for writers/bloggers):
Blog in Bloom – a digital/printed writing and grammar skills workbook, available at www.hederahouse.com/blog-in-bloom
Rev.com – an affordable transcription service
Book that Rosie suggests:
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life, by Ann Lamott
Rosie was inspired by this straightforward book that talks about writing from the perspective of an imperfect human being.
Where You Can Find Rosie Online:
Rosie’s Parting Words of Wisdom
“Get to know yourself as a writer. It’s the best thing you can do for your writing.”
I hope you enjoyed my conversation and are feeling inspired to write, write, and write.
If you’re just getting started with your business and need support with your first steps, I’d love to help you get going.
Simply email me at Erica@momswithdreams.com and we’ll schedule a time to chat about your vision and dreams.
It’s time for you to reclaim your dream, do what you love and make a difference!