Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Wendy Silver is the founder and president of Beyond the Workplace LLC, a boutique HR consulting company specializing in employee relations. With over twenty years of experience, she works with companies and individuals to navigate workplace and career issues. Wendy is passionate about inspiring, promoting and creating great places to work and challenges organizations to think outside the box and beyond the “what ifs,” to create workplace cultures that support business growth and employee success.
In this episode, Wendy shares her frustration of feeling like she had to choose between being a good mom and a good employee and how that motivated her to leave her corporate job. It was a tough decision, but Wendy knew it was the best choice for her and her family.
During our conversation, Wendy talks about:
- her struggle trying to find professionally challenging roles that allowed her the flexibility she needs as a mom
- how to negotiate during your employment search to find the job that best fits your lifestyle and needs
- the importance of knowing your bottom line and what’s most important to you
- how to gain an inside view of a corporation’s culture before accepting an offer
- tips to manage workplace stress and anxiety
Where You Can Find Wendy Silver Online:
I created this podcast to support you in your journey to your dreams, and we’re all in different places at different times. Whether you’re a mom looking to re-enter the workforce,an established career woman, transitioning into a new position, or staring your own business, I hope you heard something during this conversation that will help you in your journey.
Please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts below. You can also email me directly at: Erica@momswithdreams.com. Until next time, reclaim YOUR dream. Do what YOU love. Make a difference.